Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wedding Bells

I bet you thought I was going to say we rushed off and got married Las Vegas style. Now that is a funny one.

It was my pleasure to be the guest of Strummer Skytower and Chanse Tiponi at their union tonight. I am not much on weddings, but these guys mean so much to me I just could not turn down the invitation. The ceremony was held at the Costa Melita dance floor. The decorations were phenomenal and I made it there with my date Sweetie just in the nick of time.

The ceremony as a moving experience, no I did not bawl like a baby, though I did get a little choked up watching two very dear friends exchange their most intimate wishes between themselves. Wedding are emotional, but when it is two people you care about well .... Chanse and Strum there are no more wishes I can give you than it is my sincere hope that you two never loose communication, for the ability to communicate is the foundation for any relationship.

I quite nearly died laughing as Strummer threw Chanse over his shoulder and took her down the aisle. A great exit beats a great entrance any day.




Following the ceremony was yet another dance on the mountain, such great fun as the normal events of a wedding unfolded, of course with the unique SL twists. From the wedding party disappearing for a bit for pictures ....through the bouquet giver that picked the same person twice, what an adventure it turned out to be. Sweetie, dressed in a lovely aqua dress, and I in a kilt like some Henry William Wallace want to be, danced and talked..it was great fun. The conversation went to places deep and thoughtful, it is amazingly easy to share your feelings sometimes when you feel comfortable with someone.


Towards the end Strummer announced there was to be fireworks. So I shifted environment to midnight and ran my cam up above the dance floor. Breathtaking! My first SL Fire works experience. These picture don't even come close to the spectacle from the dance floor. All things must draw to a close and this event was not the exception.

We bid farewell to the blissful couple and exited ourselves, then did a bit more talking about hopes, fears, and desires. Sometimes the perfect end to a night is to simply allow things to flow along. Sweetie, thanks for your company, I hope you took as much from our experience as I did.


Girl, I know things can be beyond our controls sometimes. I just think you should know I am there to support you in every possible way. Over the past year you have opened my eyes to many a things, you have made me laugh till I was sore for days. You have touched me so deeply that I feel as though you have reached in and plucked the very strings that hold my heart in place and played them as thought they were Apollo's lire. Thank you for your special gift. I have never been given something so complete nor perfect. I shall treasure it always. As I do you.

It is late and time to rest. I bid you all a good night.

Does anyone actually know the source of this now common addition to many wedding ceremonies?

Two lives, two people, so very different, yet so similar.
Together we stand as one, sharing our future as it comes.
The past is the past. Buds are yet to blossom, with care and trust, the best is yet to be revealed.
Honesty and kindness are the fruits of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment